Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Morning Glories

Yesterday Jeanne asked about morning glory patterns, so I went through my stash last night (after I sorted this out). I only found two, so here they are.

The first one is a Workbasket transfer, from sheet 2-943:

[click on the pic for large size}


The other one is an anonymous pattern that was included in a bundle I got somewhere along the line. It also has roses and there are no markings on the sheet. My guess is that it was made by Superior, as the transfer ink is a sort of metallic green that I've noticed on the older Superior transfers I've got. This pattern is for cutwork, and I'm thinking it's pre-1940 by the design style and the age of the paper.



If I get any more morning glory patterns, I'll definitely share them.

Update - I just realised I've got some more morning glories on Workbasket 82...here they are:

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Thank you so much for the morning glories! I'm working on an idea for a project to go with a blue quilt -- pillowcase designs will work real well!
Jeanne :)