Thursday, January 10, 2008

Birdie love



Over at Sweetbee's Vintage Finds, B was wondering why there's so many embroidery designs with birds on them. Maybe they're popular for pillowcase designs as they're a bit more lively than flowers, and are always sweet and cute. The only answer I can come up with is that everyone loves wee birds...well, I know I do. So to add to the birdie love, here's a pattern from an unknown maker. I suspect this was originally a Laura Wheeler design, as the style and typeface are identical. I'm guessing this one is from the 60's or later, and came out after Laura Wheeler Designs were no more? If anyone knows, please update me.


In the meantime, here's some birdies for "towels, scarves, pillowcases or other household linen." Click on the pic for the full size, and then save, resize, print and stitch away!



No comments: